Saturday, April 19, 2008

my new favorite treat

Lately I've been eating a LOT of taffy. For some reason, I can't resist the colorful, pretty, perfectly packaged bite-sized treats. When I see a big bin in the grocery store, I can't walk past without filling up a bag to take home. Usually when I have a stash of treats, I take them with me on night shifts to share with my co-night owls. But the past two nights, there has been NO sharing going on. I keep the sweet sticky stuff hid in my bag, rationing them throughout the night. I haven't decided which color is my favorite, so I guess I will continue my taste testing.

8 comments:

The Watty's said...

Wow...at school there has also been alot of taffy sitting in the office! It must the right season for it. I think that the caramel swirl ones are my fav. You have learned a valuable lesson in life...you don't have to share ALL of the time! See you Sunday.

Britters and Parx said...

I have to agree with you on this one...I love them too!! How are you?? I haven't talked with you in forever! How do you like your
job(s)? Do you guys have any fun trips planned this summer? WE need to go out to lunch sometime! Hope all is well!

Idaho Bushmans said...

My favorite is the carmel apple and the peppermint. I might just have to get some this week. Thanks Holly.

Britters and Parx said...

Hey HOlly! We are going private. What is your email address? POst it to my going private post if you want me to invite you. HOpe all is well!
Brit

Lorilee said...

hopefully your co-workers won't read this post, or else they will think you are selfish.
hopefully mom won't read it either, we both know how sick she is of your recent taffy phase.

Jen Richards said...

Hey Holly! Hope you are well. I have to say that I have never been a fan of taffy. It brings back memories of when I used to get hand fulls of it when I went trick or treating as a kid and I was always disappointed!

Lisa P. said...

So I went and took a tour of the Sweet's Candy Factory yesterday. I totally thought of you, watching the taffy being made and eating all my free samples:)

P.S. said...

Holly, I will answer this for you. The pink and yellow ones are the best. Except for on the forth of July the taffy with the little flag's on them come out of hiding, mmmm just a hint of peppermint!
Hey let's go on that taffy tour your friend Lisa is posted about! Seriously, what's your work schedule?