Monday, August 3, 2009

Stars and stripes forever

There's just something about the 4th and 24th of July that make them 2 of my very favorite holidays. I love being outside, the warm weather, the smell of the BBQ in the backyard, and the brightly colored fireworks that light up the sky at night. It's so nice to spend the day with family and friends without the stress that often accompanies other major holidays. Plus, I've always considered myself an exceptionally patriotic person and I love singing as many patriotic songs as I can think of. Here's a look at some of the holiday highlights:


3 cheers for the red, white, and blue...


s'more smores please!

I love being able to celebrate Alana's birthday and the Pioneers on the same day! Talk about a winning combo!

3 comments:

Lorilee said...

i heard you've been blogging..

i love see other's pictures of the same events i've been to. and i love spending those events with you. isn't july the best. you forgot to mention the celebration of your own little birthday! isn't july the best.

Chelsea said...

I love the curls Holl! I am jealous.

P.S. said...

Please note that the psycho look on my face is me trying to smile while not letting Elle grab hold of the sparkler. Not a good look for me, but at least you didn't have to take care of any burns that night.

I'm with Lori though, you totally skipped the 19th of July celebrations.