Saturday, September 11, 2010

you can call me...

Call me lazy... I haven't been to the gym in months, and don't plan on going any time soon.
Call me unadventurous... we have no vacations planned for at least the next 6 months.
Call me a picky eater... my selection of favorite foods has been narrowed down to Golden Grahams, grilled cheese sandwiches, watermelon, and BLTs.
Call me a teenager... I've never had more zits in my life than I do now.
Call me the sandman... 11 hours of sleep each day seems to be barely enough.
Call me chubby... the pounds keep creeping on and I assume will continue to do so.
Call me hopeful, determined, excited, nervous, and a bit crazy for even trying this whole thing again.
Call me what you want.... I'm calling myself pregnant.


This whole process of becoming parents has not been an easy one for Dave and I. It's been filled with some of our highest highs and definitely our lowest lows. This little one on the way will always know it has 2 older brothers and an older sister in heaven, watching over our family members here on earth. I deeply and truly appreciate all of our family and friends that have continued to offer their support, encouragement, understanding, and love. I hope that I can offer these same things to others that may be going through similar trials. Throughout this journey, I continue to learn more and more about patience, faith, prayer, hope, and trusting in the Lord's will and timing. I know He has a plan for the Watkins family, and Dave and I couldn't be more excited about this addition- our little peanut is quite the big deal around here!

26 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. I am so, so excited for you. When are you due? Hopefully Sue will be joining us soon.

becca said...

holly!! I have been checking your blog from time to time and have always been thinking about you over the past almost 2 years....I was so hopeful that you could become pregnant and all could go well for you! I am brought to tears that Heavenly fAther has answered your prayers and has blessed you with a little peanut growing inside. I will be praying for you:) YEAH!!!!
take care.

Becca

Nanette said...

Congrats Holly!! I am SO excited for you guys!!! When are you due?

janeannechovy said...

Awesome!

Posh Ideas said...

Holly,
Loads of love and congratulations!

sarah marie. said...

oh holly i am sooo excited for you!

Sara said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I basically second everything Becca said- I am just so so happy for you guys!!! When are you due? We need details!:)

P.S. said...

Words cannot even express how happy I am for you and Dave. This is an answer to my prayers as well. Such a happy, exciting, wonderful time.
I CANNOT wait to see your little peanut and hold it and squeeze it and love it and kiss it and...

Keri Cannon said...

Hol, that is so exciting! I love how poetic you are! I seriously am so happy for you guys and have been hoping for this post for a long time! Congrats!

Lisa P. said...

What a wonderful post to see today!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. What a blessing this little girl/guy will be:)

Britters and Parx said...

Holly,
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and happy for you!!! When I found out I was seriously as excited for you as I would have been finding out that I was pregnant! Life is interesting, huh? It doesn't always turn out the way that we would have chosen...What a HUGE blessing! Can't wait to see your belly grown and to meet the new little one! Love you Holly!

Alison said...

Congrats Holly and Dave! My mom told me this while we were in London and I could not be happier for you!

Sophia said...

I am calling you awesome! I can not wait!

Jenny said...

I love it! We are thrilled for you guys.

The Waites said...

I'm beyond thrilled for you guys!!! Congratulations! Best wishes for a blissful pregnancy and healthy baby!!! xoxo

Lindsey said...

Holly, I came over to your blog to find the contractor info, and saw your great news. Congratulations! I'm so, so excited for you. and I saw you just a few weeks ago, and you looked pretty cute and
pimple free to me:)

Lorilee said...

like alana, this is an answer to my prayers too.
i couldn't be more happy for you and dave.

Danielle said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY!!!!

Samye said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting- hopefully this pregnancy goes smooth and well!!

Anna said...

I am soooooo happy for you, Holly! Congratulations! Love your little Holly peanut already.

patti's place said...

Holly (and Dave) Just have to add our congratulations! We're so excited for you and are glad that Dave made a posting to FB so we were alerted. When is it to happen? Take care of yourselves!

Jamie said...

Holly~
Guess I am the last to hear but Jane just told me after she went to lunch with your mom the other day. Congrats!!! We are thrilled and know you guys will be the best mommy and daddy ever!

Jen Richards said...

HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. I could not have heard any better news than this today. I am so very sad I have not checked your blog until today. And it is too late there or else I would call!! I am so so so happy for you. What a wonderful post!! Congrats!! xoxo

ali said...

Holly, this news makes me so happy. You are about to have the time of your life!

Tyler and Emily said...

Congrats Holly! So excited for you! I haven't been frequenting the gym too often myself either, but it was fun running into you sometimes!

Morgan said...

I call that the best news I've heard all day. Congratulations a million times over!