Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving

I've been thinking about all the many things I am grateful for this year, and my thoughts continually turn to you, my best family and friends. This past year has been a tough one for me and Dave, and I don't know what I would have done without you. Some days it was hard to find hope and I'm not sure I would have ever found it without the love you've shown to me. I've been amazed at how small and simple things can make such a difference in my day, my attitude, my life. From a kind hand written note, a big hug, or a simple blog comment to a night spent talking, forgiveness on my bad days, or a night at the temple, I have been touched by the thoughtfulness of my family and friends. And although Dave and I have traveled down rocky roads together, he has been the strong one, giving me encouragement, laughter, hope, and true understanding. Each of you has been an instrument in the Lord's hands, for He has answered my prayers through the love of others. The Plan of Salvation and the knowledge of Eternal Families has never meant more to me than it does now. So I'd like to thank each of you (you know who you are) for being there for me and letting me know you love me. I feel so grateful to Heavenly Father for surrounding me with such amazing people. So at this time of Thanksgiving, although I feel so blessed in many areas of my life, I'd like to give a shout out to the people who make me feel life is good, joyful, and worth living.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

right back at you sister. love you!

Lorilee said...

holly, you are what make life good, joyful and worth living..
i'm so proud of you and how much you've grown this year. i love you.

P.S. said...

You are the best friend a girl could ask for. I don't know how I got so lucky to have you in my life, but I am sure thankful I did.
I stand by my motto that if everyone in the world was exactly like you, the world would be a better place.

(And plus you're one of those people that I could NEVER get tired of being around so that's a double bonus)

Tracy Peterson said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you!