Thursday, December 31, 2009

our winter stay-cation

We need not travel far to have a good time! We spent a day at the Homestead in Midway and had a blast. We started off with some tubing, lazy style- where the rope tow drags you up the hill. But the rides up were half the fun~
The mineral water natural crater served as our warm water destination. Oh how I love swimming when the water is warm!
These ice sculptures were quite the sight- the pictures don't do them justice. It made me want to be an ice princess and live in a castle like that.
I wish we could make a tradition of this and do it every year! I wanted to stay longer and go snowshoeing, x-country skiing, relax with a good book, and sleep in for a few more days. What a great way to start Dave's birthday celebrations.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks so fun!! That is the way to tube!

JARED AND AMY said...

I never thought I'd hear you say that YOU wanted to be an ice princess. Maybe a desert princess, but not an ice princess. Looks like so much fun. Jared and I will join you guys next year.

P.S. said...

Can we go back with you guys?!!! Please!!! Let's go cross county skiing, and tubing, and get delicious brunch! Seriously, how does next weekend sound?
No, really I'm being dead serious-even though my comment sounds like I am a lunatic.

chudlove said...

Looks like so much fun! Doesn't it just blow your mind how much fun you can have in your own backyard! Those ice castles are the coolest! Hope you guys are well. Your last post had me in tears. You're in our prayers!

Melissa said...

I cannot believe your dad (ortho doc) let's you get on a tube --- please stick to sleds. sooooo dangerous. I know I'm a total buzz kill, but the rest of it looked awesome!