Saturday, February 12, 2011

gray + yellow = love

I find it hard to resist the combination of gray and yellow. Maybe it's this time of the year- the sky is often gray, but a peek of sun coming through makes everything beautiful. And as spring draws closer, the bright colors bring hope, happiness, and signs of a new beginning. I think that's how I've been feeling lately: there are many moments, hours, or days where I feel sad and gray. But then I'll get a splash of yellow- a ray of hope concerning the future, a kind word, a prayer answered, a heartfelt conversation. Maybe the gray makes the yellow even more vibrant and happy, and the yellow shines a light on the gray which makes it look not so drab. But I believe the true beauty comes from the combination of the two.




6 comments:

Darin and Marianne said...

I love gray and yellow together. Yellow is my favorite color. Maybe one day I could have a room like that??

Unknown said...

One of my all time favorite color combination!! So I LOVE this post.

Lorilee said...

when i first saw these pictures, i thought.. oh my goodness, dave's remodeled their family room.
i also love this combo, and i think i have the bottom photo saved in a book because i torn it out of some magazine to keep.

P.S. said...

Oooh, I like Lori's idea! You guys should put one of those rolling doors in-between your living room and hallway. It'd be so cool looking plus when we want to go tell secrets in the kitchen, the boys won't be able to hear us!

Annie said...

love this combo! So cute!

mightycleanducts said...

I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.

- Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning | Furnace Cleaning