Monday, September 8, 2008

Another addition to the tool belt

I recently got the chance to use my new offset spatula for the first time, and I couldn't help but smile as I did so. If you like to frost anything, this is the tool for you! My chocolate zucchini cake turned into a deep brown ice rink as my spatula evened out any ridges or bumps and let the true essence of the buttercream shine through. A big Thank You goes out to the girl who knows me best and would understand just how much joy this tool continues to bring me. Next on the list? A rotating cake stand; every layer cake I make begs for one.

3 comments:

Lorilee said...

wish i could have given you the cake stand to go with the spatula.
better yet.. wish i could have been there to see AND EAT the cake.

The Watty's said...

I can see why we all need one now! What? No pictures and blog of David's great feat? Have a good week...it really was fun spending time together last weekend!
P

caitlin said...

Hey Holly, it was good to see you last night. We didn't get too much of a chance to talk, but just wanted to tell you how creative I think you are! Loved those favors. It's no surprise you won that ribbon at the fair. Talk to ya later!