Monday, October 6, 2008

i heart target

While happily shopping at Target today, I realized that my love for the store deserves a public declaration. So I am now announcing that I officially love Target, especially Super Target. Now I know it's not good to love worldly things and material goods, but this goes way beyond that. I love more than their amazing finds in the dollar section and fashionably cute yet affordable clothing. It's the feeling I get when I enter the automatic doors, pick up my red shopping cart, and take in the bright lights and aroma of freshly popped popcorn. At this moment, I feel right at home.

So Target, how do I love you? Let me count the ways...
1. Target brand anything is just as good (if not better) than the "brand name" item. And I don't know if an "Archer Farms" really exists, but I do know that I enjoy every mouthful of food that comes from said Farms.
2. Target commercials have got to be the best ones out there, even better than mac/apple commercials. I wish I could set my DVR to record every single one. I get excited just for the ads, and even more excited to actually visit the store!
3. Target is the true one-stop spot. I think I could shop at Target and only Target for an extended number of years and be perfectly happy. The only thing you really can't get there (yet) is a car or a house.
4. Look no further for excellent athletic clothing. From sports bras to gym socks, they've got you covered. Sometimes a new gym tank is just the motivation I need.
5. Target really gets into the spirit of things. For any holiday from Valentines to Halloween and of course Christmas, Target will not only provide you with the gifts you need for your loved ones, but the decorations, appropriate colored m&m's, and greeting cards for the occasion.

I could go on and on, but I better stop now before I get too carried away. I love Target so much, I'll even forgive them for their horrible return policy. A small price to pay for such a gold mine of a retailer. If you don't already share my love for this place, give it another shot. You just might develop a crush.

9 comments:

Lorilee said...

you just made me homesick for target...

favorite things about this post:
reminder of the freshly popped popcorn smell
wanting to ti-vo target commercials :)
that you didn't forget to mention their horrible return policy
the appropriate m&m's for each holiday. (speaking of which... don't you just love the new halloween colors.? the purple and green make them so much more spooky)

Lorilee said...

ps. glad to see cupcakes in your side bar. remember when you held a gruge on them? good thing I was there to talk you out of that gruge :)

Callie said...

I so agree with your love for Target. I especially love the strawberry fruit snacks. So delicious. And for the record, I am currently wearing my yellow shoes purchased at Target. (But not with the yellow hat. Sorry.)

Megan said...

I'm with you I love love love Target! I went there last weekend just to look and enjoyed every minute.

The Watty's said...

I too, love the Target. I can't make myself go to Walmart...I think I am a Target snob.

chudlove said...

Once you mentioned the popcorn I felt an instant bond. Sometimes it's the popcorn diet coke combo that gets me there!

P.S. said...

Naturally, I love love love this post!
I have often thought about posting my adoration for them as well.
Do you think we can ask them to change their return policy if enough of us express our love?

Danielle said...

I also am a Target fan! Hurrah for the new SUPER Target opening one mile from my house! Now I have a ST and regular Target within beach cruising distance!
My Target fav is the bargin section right when you first walk in. Alana would always bring home the cutest knick nacks from this special spot.
Thank you Target!!

Jen Richards said...

I love Target too! And I have shown great dedication to the store throughout the years. While living in NYC (no Target on the island) I would take the subway (a good 30-40 minute ride) and then shlep my goodies home by hand. It really was worth it- as you know, there are things there that you cannot find other places! Thanks for the post. Also, congrats on winning in the Utah State Fair! You are an incredible cook- why don't you open a bake shop?! It would be amazing!!