Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lucky Me!

2 things have happened in the past 2 days that nearly never happen- I got out of not one but TWO weekend night shifts! This is a blessing straight from heaven of which I've been the grateful recipient. Thursday was a hard day at work, one I will not soon forget. Let's just leave it at that. So you can imagine my utter joy when I get a phone call that night around 9:30 from a coworker, "do you want me to work your Friday night shift?" Heck, yes!! I want you all to understand that this very very rarely happens (never say never, right?). To make things even better, Saturday I get a call from work right as I was preparing for my nap. "Do you want to work tomorrow day instead of tonight?" Now I don't like to work Sundays but getting out of a night shift is so tempting... so I agreed to the switch. This has allowed me to attend Ben's blessing, hang out with our grandpa, go shopping with friends, spend time with Dave, and sleep during the night! Talk about good luck and a good weekend...

4 comments:

Lorilee said...

maybe while your at work today someone will call and offer you 2 free tickets to hawaii to go visit a loved one. now THAT would be lucky.

so happy you didn't have to work last night.

P.S. said...

Your luck was lucky for me too!
Deboro was super excited that he won in Rumicub too! Seriously, he talked about it all the way home.

Idaho Bushmans said...

You always have the luck-hello a washer dryer, and a microwave. But hey understand that with work. see you saturday

tiffany said...

Hi Hols,
I just wanted to formally confess my love for John B. and Dr. Clark. Oh, how I miss them.
But I also wanted to confess I have also always had a secret crush on Dave, yes your Dave. I love everything about him from his cute brown hair to his fantastic body! And I love how he can always make me laugh. Oh, you are one lucky girl indeed, Holly. Sigh.